Monday, February 27, 2012

twiggy wreath


Last thursday I was on my evening run when I found a really good pile of twigs. I am almost ashamed of how excited I was. I decided to take them home and make a new wreath for spring, even though I looked ridiculous walking home sweaty with my arms full of twigs.
Here are the supplies
twigs
spray paint
ribbon or hook to hang it with
felt or fabric for flowers (or a bird or decoration of your choice)
lots of hot glue
I broke them into 10-12 inch pieces and 14-16 inch pieces and then laid them out and gave them a quick and really light coat of blue, pink and white spray paint. I just did it really light and uneven just because the wood looked a little more like a fall wreath. Then I took the sturdiest 4 pieces and glued them together in a frame shape and then built on from there. I made 3 quick felt flowers, used a strip of pink fabric to hang it with. It was so so so easy and quick and I didn't even go to the store once! I had everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment